What we offer:
Alternative Provision placements for schools to access for their students.
From current academic year 2019-20, DNSS will offer Alternative Provision to schools in your area providing two new programmes detailed below.
- School Leaver Programmes
- KS3 & KS4 Traineeship/Apprenticeship Programmes
DNSS Alternative Programmes (Key Stage 4)
The School Leaver programme is up to 2 year with the course aim for students to achieve a GCSE equivalent qualification in a vocational area such as Sports Coaching) and the Flexible Programme (roll on, roll off courses).
Delivered by the DNSS Education team and alongside our education partner VLUK, these courses are suitable for learners who are at risk of disengaging from the mainstream school curriculum and becoming NEET. Placements anything from full-time – part time and last up to 2 years.
- Target group – Key Stage 4 (and, in exceptional circumstances, Y9) learners who would benefit from usually one or two days off site, the remainder of the time typically spent in school, unless a full-time place is required.
- Programme duration:Ongoing (minimum half term blocks). Some courses offer GCSE equivalent qualifications accessed across 2 years.
- Support:Support needs must be met by referring school.
Traineeship Programmes (Key Stage 3 & 4)
Delivered by the DNSS Education team and alongside our education partner VLUK, these courses are suitable for learners wishing to focus on education away from the school enviroment. Placements are part time (1-3 days per week) and short term (up to a maximum of one term).
- Basic Skills
- Functional Maths and English
- Skills for Life
- Skills for Work
- Sport, Exercise and Fitness
Are you 16-19yrs old?
From September 2020 DNSS Sports will be delivering a full time 2 year BTEC in Sport qualification. You will be coached by industry professional coaches who are UEFA-A qualified with over 10 years’ experience in developing premier league academy players at Liverpool FC Academy & Blackburn Rovers FC Academy.
This exciting two year course will teach students the key elements of community sports coaching & sports development, with a particular focus on football.
Students will receive the necessary knowledge and skills to progress into employment in a variety of sports related careers. Combining education alongside the opportunity to gain a range of coaching experience from community coaching experiences to Elite Academy Development within the environment of a Semi-professional football club is invaluable, and gives students a great platform for further development.
Students will be provided with practical coaching and work experience will be delivered by UEFA qualified football Coaches. Students will gain an insight into a wide range of DNSS Sports projects including primary school sports, soccer schools, zorb football, elite pro academy (Development Centres) & international elite soccer camps (Ireland, Greece, and America), pro academy soccer tours, DNSS Football Academy
In addition to the BTEC Level 3 Qualification students will be offered some of the following opportunities.
- FA Level 1 in Football Coaching
- FA Level 2 in Football Coaching (If suitable)
- FA Youth Module 1
- FA Safeguarding Children
- FA Emergency First Aid
- Employability Courses
- Education visits & Guest Speakers
- A Variety of workshops (CV writing & Personal Development Plans)
- Premier League Stadium Tours
- Academy Tours
On-going assessment through assignments, presentations and practical activities.
If you are successful during the course you will achieve a BTEC Level 3 in Sports holding the direct equivalence of 3 ‘A’ Levels.
Potential Exit Routes:
- Students who reach the required standard will have…
- An opportunity for an interview with DNSS International Coaching
- The opportunity to gain employment with American Partners (3 – 9 month placements)
- Alternatively, you can seek job opportunities in the expanding sector of communityAcademic:
Level 3 BTEC Extended Diplomas are valued by employers and higher education (Universities and Colleges). If you decide to go to university or college you could take a degree or a BTEC Higher National Diploma in subjects such as: • Sports Therapy • Data Analysis • Sports Management • Teacher Training
For more information on enrolment please contact DNSS: firstname.lastname@example.org